Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Third Annual Milder Family Extreme Vacation!

Well, tomorrow is IT. The blogging event you've all been waiting for is here! We are leaving tomorrow as soon as school is out for our 3rd Annual Milder Family Extreme Vacation. This year's itinerary is:

June 5- Joplin, Missouri
June 6-St. Louis, Missouri
June 7&8-Chicago, Illinois
June 9-Toledo, Ohio
June 10&11-Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
June 12-Lake Placid, New York
June 13&14-Montreal, Canada
June 15&16-Kenneybunkport, Maine
June 17-Salem, Massachusetts
June 18&19-Boston, Massachusetts
June 20-Cape Cod, Massachusetts
June 21-Mystic, Connecticut
June 22&23-NYC, New York
June 24-Huntington, West Virginia
June 25-Lexington, Kentucky
June 26-Somewhere in Kentucky (I forget the name of the town)
June 27-HOME!!

Whew! Makes me tired just typing it. I think we are about packed. It's taken me about two weeks to gather it all up, do laundry, decide on what to pack it in and then pack it all up. The kids are beside themselves excited and Mandy has been counting the number of "sleeps" till "muhcation."

All PSP's, Nintendo DS's and IPODS are charging. Seriously, I have a container that has nothing but cables and cords in it! We have saved our quarters for the last several months for laundry and found some good friends to take care of the dogs and frogs. I think all that's left is to take out the trash and put Mr. Clean in all the toilets(learned the hard way that stagnant water in the toilet after being gone 3 weeks is not fun to come home to)! Oh....and pack the car. That's the puzzle of all puzzles you know!

We had an early Father's Day for Scott last night so that he could have his new Oakley sunglasses for the 4,500 miles he'll be driving. Yes, Scott does all the driving. He actually prefers it to hanging over the seat picking up the kids stuff off the floorboard while being choked by the seatbelt...go figure.


We will as always be blogging every night to share the days adventures and favorites with you. Please, leave comments and questions. The kids LOVE to check the comments and see who's following our adventure. It also helps us not to miss everyone quite so much!

Blessings,
Leslie


He protected us on our entire journey and among all the nations through which we traveled.
Joshua 24:18

5 comments:

The Brat Pack said...

I'm always amazed at your Summer trips! I'm excited to follow along and hope you guys have a safe and great trip. :)

Love,
Maryann

Anonymous said...

Getting Scott out of state for this long is a good thing, but I'm sure you and the kids will be sorely missed.

Keep Scott busy. You know how restless he gets in the car. Does the little steering wheel seat with its own horn still work for him? Keep us posted.

David Baldner in Lubbock

The Conrad Family said...

Don't miss the big McDonalds that is on I44 (actually straddles the turnpike) between Tulsa and Joplin. I don't think it is the largest Micky D's anymore, but it is impressive. It used to be a Howard Johnson's when I was a kid & I remember stopping there when I rode the bus to Louisville, KY for debate camp (when I was 16, by myself!!!) - which is a story for another day! Love you all and can't wait for your updates!

Moore Memories said...

I will be with you on another Milder Adventure! Have fun and be safe!

Anonymous said...

OMG i'm so excited it's vacation time again!!! i LOVE reading the blog and keeping up with you guys, it's always so fun to read!! hope you all have a great time!!! (i'll try to comment more when i'm lurking around the blog.)