Speaking of the Bush's...this is view from our patio door...
This morning Mandy is playing on the patio and I'm taking her picture when I notice two of these...
Unfortunately, the Bush's are out of the country at the moment, so we did not bump into them during our stay here at the marina. However, after breakfast we did drive down the street from the lodge about 5 minutes and see their house...
It was obvious since it was the only house in the area flying the Maine and Texas flags!! Believe it or not, it is not the biggest house in Kenneybunkport. Now, it is the only property with it's own point...Walker's Point. Guess that's where that whole George Walker Bush thing comes from!
I apologize for going on and on about this to those of you who do not share my passion for any and all things presidential/historical/political. Come to think of it, if you are one those people this blog is probably not good reading material for you!
We all climbed down to these HUGE rocks along the coastline and let the kids play there for a long time. They had a blast climbing, exploring, and burying "treasure!" It was pretty cool here today, and kinda misty, so the beach was out. But, I think that given that they spend a week playing on the beach in Padre every summer, playing on the rocky shoreline of the Atlantic was a treat!




Note Thomas leaping from rock to rock in the background!!!
After this we had all worked up an appetite, so we drove the 5 minutes into "town" and went to Alisson's, the restaurant where all the locals eat. We had been told to try it, that it was really good. Wow. I had the best lunch EVER! I had Clam Chowder (the best I've ever eaten) and a lobster roll. You know I took a picture of it for you!
Seriously, I bet there was at least half a pound of lobster in that lobster roll and I only ordered a half a sandwich! I have never had lobster that good anywhere.
Note Thomas leaping from rock to rock in the background!!!
After lunch it poured down rain. We went back to the lodge, because we had booked a lobster boat cruise for 2:00 and weren't sure if it was going to leave or not, and if it was everyone needed different clothes. While we were waiting to call the charter people we had some visitors to our patio...
They fed them graham crackers until time to leave for the cruise. Scott took the kids and did the cruise, while Mandy and I shopped in town. I didn't think she'd make the hour and a half lobster cruise in the rain!
They fed them graham crackers until time to leave for the cruise. Scott took the kids and did the cruise, while Mandy and I shopped in town. I didn't think she'd make the hour and a half lobster cruise in the rain!
Turns out, the rain stopped and they had a fantastic time on the boat. They were the only kids on the boat with a bunch of women from New York. They got to hold the lobsters and Grace explained in quite a lot of detail about how they breathe, where they carry their eggs, etc. They really got quite a lesson! 


Thomas even got to help throw them back out to sea!
After they cleaned up from the great lobster hunt and rested a bit, we went out for dinner. I am in seafood heaven here. Scott,of course, had pasta. Everything here except restaurants are closed up tight by 6 p.m. So, we went back to the hotel. Scott took this opportunity to try and clean out the car from twelve days of being on the road with three kids. While he did this, the kids played out on the patio. The tide had gone out and they could walk down to the water's edge. They asked if they could go down and skip rocks. The next thing I know Grace looks like this...
And they are hunting crabs and catching minnows out of the water! She had her pants rolled up and was serious about catching those fish.

Scott likes the above picture because she's catching fish in front of President Bush's boat.Thomas's Top Five:
1.Playing in the water and catching fish. 2.Burying treasure in the rocks. 3. Climbing on the rocks. 4. Holding the lobster. 5.Going on the cruise and sliding into dad!(the seas were a bit rocky from the rain!)
1.Playing in the water and catching fish. 2.Burying treasure in the rocks. 3. Climbing on the rocks. 4. Holding the lobster. 5.Going on the cruise and sliding into dad!(the seas were a bit rocky from the rain!)
Grace's Top Five:
1.Fishing in the water outside our room. 2. Climbing rocks. 3.Burying treasure 4.Holding the lobsters. 5.Dinner
All the kids are really into the video clips on the blog and wanted to leave you all a message...
Tomorrow we are headed to Plymouth Rock and Salem, Massachusetts!
Blessings,
Leslie
Leslie
3 comments:
Sorry I missed the past couple of days. Michele is still in the hospital! I absolutely love lobster rolls. We eat them all the time when we visit Montauk. Sounds like this trip is just as much fun as your trip to the west coast. Did you guys try fishing? Looking forward to your next adventure. Miss everyone,
Love,
Grandma
I saw President Bush (dad) at the Houston Open. Shook hands with him while running the Houston Marathon in 2005. He's a regular guy in many ways. And now we will have to testify in court that you were taking pictures of the Secret Service doing security checks. It is sad that it has come to this.
Looks like you guys are having a blast. Sure wish I had some of that clam chowder! We miss you but know that you are making memories for three very lucky kiddos!
Hugs,
Gigi
Post a Comment