The girls used their time to catch up on their trip scrapbooks. This is something that we started on Road Trip #2. During the day they buy postcards of whatever we see and at night they put them & any tickets or mementoes in their books and write about it. They always become MY favorite keepsake of the trip. It's so fun to go back and see what they enjoyed about the days adventures.
Once we had the car back with it's newly balanced and rotated tires (it rides soooo much better now you know), we sent to see the Great Northern Carousel. All the animals are hand painted and are all native to Montana, that is why Grace is riding a salmon...
On our way out of town we drove by the State Capitol, of course....
From what we hear the temperature in Rockwall today was 88 degrees. Here up north in Montana, you know, where we came to escape the heat, this is what our car temperature was today....
Our friend Kristen told us that we couldn't miss Flathead Lake on our way to Glacier National Park. And, was she right!!!! Seriously may be the most beautiful place I've ever been. Most certainly the biggest lake I've ever seen and it is considered to be the cleanest lake in the US. The water is so still and clear. The lake is surrounded by cherry farms. Orchard after orchard. They look like the wineries in Napa and Sonoma. Beautiful.
I'm at a total loss for words (& ya'll know how rare that is) to describe it. Words and pictures can't do it justice.All I can say is that the only words that come to mind when you look around are “God’s Country.” I think for the first time in my life I truly understand that phrase. So amazing that only God could have made such a masterpiece.
After a windy amazing drive we arrived at the place where we are staying
the next two nights. And we were greeted
by this adorable office/house of the couple who own the cabins…
It’s
just too cute!!
Tomorrow we are headed into Glacier National Park. Getting up early and packing a picnic so we
can spend the entire day! Can’t wait!!
Montana Blessings,
Leslie




No comments:
Post a Comment