
....and we're off!!!! We left our driveway at 11:24 a.m today. We were packed and ready to leave as soon as I picked up the kids from school. They were so excited this morning I could hardly get them to eat breakfast.
We have Mandy and Grace in the center seat next to each other and Thomas in the backseat. He has quite the bachelor pad set up back there! All in all, they have been very good today. They've watched Chicken Little and Spy Kids, worked in their vacation notebooks, and played their Leapster/VSmile games. Mandy got tired of the seat after awhile. She kept pushing the button on her car seat and hollering "ot!" Mandy speak for "out." Grace did a good job of keeping her entertained though.
When we crossed the border into Louisiana, we stopped and had a picnic and let everyone run around for awhile. At the Mississippi border, the visitor center is on a hill on the banks of the Mississippi. It was beautiful. It was here, as we were driving through Mississippi on our way to our hotel for the night, that we had one of the more inane conversations of the day:
Thomas: What's that smell?
Scott: Mississippi
Thomas: What?
Scott: Mississippi
Thomas: No. What's that smell?
Scott: Mississippi.
Thomas: Are you sure? It smells like fish to me.
Scott: Yes. That's what Mississippi smells like. That's why we're driving so fast.
I choose not to get involved in this highly intellectual conversation between father and son. Oddly enough this seemed to satisfy him and he went back to his movie.

Our fearless leader in his "mobile command center."
Well, 9 hours and 500 miles later, we are in Meridian, Mississippi. Everyone has finally crashed, including Scott. I suppose I'd better turn in too. I think we are leaving Meridian for Atlanta at 7:30 am!! Ugh.
Blessings,
Leslie
No comments:
Post a Comment