Thursday, June 15, 2006

Day Fifteen: Memphis to HOME!!!!


WoW!! It so doesn't seem like we've been gone 2 weeks!!! None of us were looking forward to the drive home today. I think we had all gotten in the "travel groove!" In fact, this morning at breakfast Grace says," So, what are we doing fun today?" We left Memphis around 10:00. We made it to our house about 6:00, but we stopped for dinner before heading to the house. The drive from Memphis to Dallas really wasn't bad at all. Scott stopped at the Arkansas visitor center and took Mandy out to take her picture at the sign since no one else was interested! We did convince them to get out at the Texas one!
Thomas was sorry to leave Graceland. Walked out of the hotel saying, "Goodbye Heartbreak Hotel, Goodbye Graceland, Goodbye Memphis!" This evening after we got home he put on a white t-shirt, jeans and used nearly all the hair gel to make his hair look like Elvis.

On the way home I was thinking of all they've seen in the last two weeks. They've seen how coke, chocolate, baseball bats and guitars are made, played on 3 beaches, been to 17 states, visited the World Trade Center Site and Shanksville, Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, the new Georgia Aquarium, Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building, Hershey Park, Civil Rights museum, and Graceland. I hadn't seen that much of the U.S. by 24 much less 5 or 6!!

The kids were really tired tonight so they didn't get to do they're top 5 for the whole trip. I'll post it tomorrow. Scott however did his!

Scott's Top 5 (or 10!) for "Xtreme Vacation" 2006:

1. Spending 2 weeks of uninterrupted time with my wife and kids.

2. Shanksville, PA-Flight 93 Memorial

3. Pizza, Bagels and Black & White Cookies in NYC.

4. Charleston

5. See my old house and school in New Jersey

6. Liberty Bell/Independence Hall

7. Hershey

8. The blog

9. Memphis

10. Watching Elvis movies with the kids.

Mine were:

1. Shanksville

2. Independence Hall

3. Charleston

4. Civil Rights Museum

5. Driving through Pennsylvania

6. Graceland

7. Taking Grace to the American Girl Store

I'll post Thomas and Grace's tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who's followed our journey. I've had a few requests to keep the blog going. The kids enjoy thinking of things to put here , so I think we will keep doing it. I seriously doubt I'll update everyday, but I'll make my goal at least once a week. I like that it makes me journal. I've tried doing that off and on since the kids were born, but I've never been great at it, but somehow this is easier!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bravo Milders! You made "Family Vacation" popular again. Road Warriors, unite!