Monday was "Free Enterprise" day in 2nd grade. They had to make a product or provide a service. Thomas made scarves. As he puts it, "Webkinz scarves and human scarves." I forgot my camera yesterday, but it was so cute! The entire 2nd grade set up shop. Their desk was their shop, they all had open/closed signs and signs advertising their products and prices. They had earned paper quarters for good behavior and they got to use them to "shop" and buy things from each others shops. At the end, they created a profit statement. Thomas made $91!! He sold out of all his scarves and made more than any other kid in second grade!! He's quite the Bill Gates! Here are the pictures we used to advertise his scarves. He and his friend Sean were the models, along with Grace and Mandy and a Webkin!
Last Saturday, Grace played her first basketball game! We have the same 2 wonderful coaches that we had for soccer. Grace is really enjoying sports and had a great time at her first basketball game.
Also, I thought this was cool, so I'm posting it. The state finally got around to putting up dad's signs around the office!
This is the sign actually pointing to the office! You can see the seal on the window in the background.
Tomorrow, Grace, Mandy, Mom and I are leaving for Orlando. We are taking the girls to Disney World until Sunday. Scott, Thomas, our friend Larry and his son Sean (Thomas' best friend) are headed to Red River on Thursday for a "guys only" ski trip. That's what prompted the Disney trip. We were not about to be left out!! So.....I'm going to try and blog each night from Disney. I'm sending the camera cable with Scott, so he can download his pictures and send them to me in hopes that I can put them on the blog as well. We'll see how he does! All this is providing that I have ok internet service in WDW.
Blessings,
Leslie
1 comment:
I hope you have a GREAT time at WDW! I can't wait to see pics!!!!
Post a Comment