Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Gingerbread House and Stockings

While we were decorating the Christmas tree and putting up our stockings, Mandy asked what a stocking was. I explained it was like a sock and the next thing I knew....Friday is the Gingerbread decorating contest at school. They do one every year to raise money to buy toys for kiddos at an Oak Cliff elementary school. Last year the kids took their pocket change and voted for the houses they liked best, but they didn't enter a house. This year however they really wanted to build a house too. So....since I'm not exactly Martha Stewart..I bought one of those kits. It was actually pretty easy. Everything we needed was included, although we did add a few embellishments from our pantry. The kids had a great time decorating it and even managed to do it together without killing each other or reducing the house to crumbs! A Christmas miracle!

Blessings,
Leslie

No comments: