Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ski Trip and Disney follow up


We all finally made it home. The girls and I got home Sunday around 6:00 and Scott and Thomas drove straight thru from Red River and got in about 1:30 a.m. They had a great time as you can probably tell from the pictures!

Along the way out to Red River they stopped and toured the Capulin Volcano.Scott said that Thomas and Sean chattered the entire car trip home. They never played with the DS or the iPod. They were just talking ninety to nothing until about 10:00 and then....They totally crashed! Everyone seemed to have a good time.

Mandy and Grace were excited to tell Thomas and Scott about their trip and Thomas was anxious to give us all the souvenirs he picked out for us. We all had a great time on our separate vacations, but were all glad to be home together. Thomas and Grace were insperable the entire next day. They'd never admit it, but they missed each other.

Disney was great as always, but exhausting. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, which was very nice, very clean and the grounds were beautiful. The only frustrating part was that the place is HUGE. You have to take an internal resort bus around to all the different buildings and the lobby is completely detached and separate from the rest of the hotel. That makes it very difficult to use the lobby.

Whenever I am at Disney I am amazed at the parents out there who allow their children to have no respect for others or expectations of how to behave in public. I don't claim to be a perfect parent or have perfect kids, far from it, however, I do feel it's my responsibility to teach them how to behave in public regardless of the situation. When you put that many kids and parents in a theme park you see all facets of the parenting spectrum!

Christmas Blessings,

Leslie

1 comment:

The Brat Pack said...

Amen to that last paragraph. I'm SHOCKED each and every trip. I know I'm not a parent and all, but come on....we've seen kids walking on the tray rails at the counter service restaurants....barefoot. Not that having shoes on would make it better. ;)

We had the same thoughts about CBR and that's why we won't stay again. I thought maybe it was just us being nit-picky but I guess not. It wastes too much time IMO and it's just a pain in general.

M