Friday, February 29, 2008

Mcdonalds, movie, Daddy's office--Friday 2/29

Well, it's official....my kids are Republican! I took them with me to early voting. We've been talking a lot about the election and they asked me what it "looked" like when you vote? So I took them. The election official thought they were too cute, so she gave them all a stamp with the Republican stamp that she stamped my ballot with. So, naturally I took a picture so I'd have proof if they ever questioned it later!
After voting we went to pick Scott up at the airport. He'd been out of town since Sunday. The kids were starving so we hit McDonalds and then went to see "Penelope" at the movies. It's a good movie for kids and grownups. I highly recommend it if you're looking for something you can all see. Great message. Reese Witherspoon produced it, because she liked the message so much. I just love her. She seems like she'd be such a great "mommy friend" you know??

After the movie Scott had to go by his office. I was trying to entertain the kids so that they didn't destroy the very neat, architectural (sterile) new office building. So, we played with the white board.
We listed everything we had learned about voting and drew pictures of the capitol. Old habits die hard...never pass up a teachable moment!

It had been awhile since we'd had a Milder Family Fun Night! It was nice to just be together!
Blessings,
Leslie

1 comment:

The Brat Pack said...

I'm late in catching up from being out of town. Just wanted to say I love the group pic at the top!