Monday, June 04, 2007

We had kind of a rocky start to our day today. We were trying very hard to get up early and head to Carlsbad, CA so that we could have a full day at Legoland. About 15 minutes and 20 miles or so into our drive, Mandy asks for her blanket. Scott and I both look at each other and quickly realize that neither of us packed it. Now, this is no ordinary blanket. It's the purple satin blanket that Gigi made her with all her birth info on it that she came home from the hospital in and won't sleep without. Yeah. So, a very exasperated Scott turned around and went back. After that little hiccup, we made good time to Legoland.
It was about 65-68 degrees here today and kinda overcast and the park wasn't crowded at all. In fact, we didn't wait in line longer than 5 minutes for any ride. We rented the girls a stroller that they could both ride in, in hopes it would cut down on the whining.
Legoland is not what we expected. It's more like a park with things to do than a traditional amusement park. There are no thrill rides. All the rides were very, very tame. Even their one big roller coaster was at most like the mine train at Six Flags. Now, the lego stuff was AWESOME!! All over the park...rabbits in the bushes, lego trout in the water, giraffes, elephants, dragons, firetrucks...WAY to much to mention. My favorite park was Miniland. They had a mini Washington D.C., New York, Las Vegas, New Orleans and San Francisco. All built out of Legos. WAY Cool!











Thomas's Top Five for June 4, 2007:


1. "Driving the cars." They had a driving school where they took a quick drivers safety course and then drove little Volvo lego cars around a track. Afterwards, they each got a drivers license to keep.



2. "Climbing that wall."


3. "In N Out burgers and shakes!" Ok...I LOVE to eat at In N Out burger when we are out West, so I googled them when we left Legoland and then put the address for one in Carlsbad into the navigation system. Thomas LOVED it! He finished off an entire burger!


4. "Going on the dragon ride."

5. "Watching how they make Legos." They had a simulated Lego factory that showed the steps in making legos.


Grace's Top Five for June 4, 2007:


1. "Driving the cars."




2. "The dragon ride."


3 "The fairytale ride."


4. " The Lego factory and how they made all the Legos."


5 "The gift shops." That's my little shopper!

We are staying 2 nights in Anaheim. Whew. Mandy went to sleep about 6:30 tonight, on the way to the hotel. She never woke up getting her up to the room and in her nightgown! She was worn out! Tomorrow we are headed to Disneyland and the day after Universal Studios. Three theme parks in three days.......wow. Scott is the only one of us who's ever been to Disneyland, we've always gone to Orlando. So, I'm anxious to see what it's like.

Disney is open till 11:00 tomorrow night, so we are sleeping in!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!

Blessings,

Leslie

4 comments:

Aunt Jan said...

Wow, what fun at Legoland...I have never been there! Looks like Thomas is a really great driver! Scott, I was very proud of you for going back to get Mandi's blanket...that's what great Daddy's do. (You can always remind her that you did that for her when she gets older!)
Grace, you look like you were having a great time, too!
Be safe!
Love,
Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy Monkey!! I'm glad Daddy went back to get your blankie. Did you give him special hugs and kisses?
Thomas and Grace, it looks like you two are having a blast! What a great adventure.
I look forward to reading your blog every morning. It helps me to not miss you quite so much.
Hugs,
Gigi

Anonymous said...

Hello sweet Milder family! I love being a part of your adventures each summer! I still hope to get a copy of your plans for all of these great trips to do with my family someday! Grace, you already look so much older...I think it's the cute haircut. I can't wait to read more about the exciting time you are having.
Love,
Holly (AKA-Mrs. Moore)

Anonymous said...

I'm tired just watching you guys in the amusement parks. What fun! We took Scott & Robyn to Disneyland for the first time in 1975 (I think), and it hasn't changed too much, because they are land locked. Thomas will be driving for real before too long. Watch out Scott. He might want a Camaro! I love the designs on Grace's and Mandy's faces. They were awesome. Love you guys. We'll check in on your next stop.
Love,
Grandma