So, while we were eating to get to the icy part of the fjord, we went to see few princesses…
The closer you get to the glacier, the bluer the water gets.
Along the passage to the glacier were tons of waterfalls.
We just sat on our balcony and watched the beautiful landscape get better and better as we went...
I had come back in from the balcony and Thomas asked when we were gonna get there. I told him to get his camera ready that I thought it would be soon. A few minutes later he went outside and came back in and said, "Uh mom? I think we are there!" I went outside to this…
We watched from our balcony for awhile…
Then we went up to the top deck and watched for awhile. We even got to see it "caving," that's when HUGE chunks…like the size of a car... fall off into the water. It was amazing. It sounds like thunder. It was absolutely freezing up on deck in the wind. So, in true Disney fashion, they had servers walking around bringing everyone blankets and hot soup in bread bowls…
After the ship turned around and left the glacier, the kids went off exploring, so Scott and I celebrated the day with a drink. Disney always has a drink of the day so I felt compelled to try it and it did not disappoint!
We came back to the room to this sweet one just hanging on the balcony taking in the scenery. Grace was the self-appointed safety officer in our stateroom. She watched the entire safety video that played on continuous loop on the tv. It said that if someone should fall overboard you should throw the chairs and what not overboard so that it leaves a marker of where the person went overboard. She would not let anyone go out onto the balcony alone in case someone needed to toss the chairs overboard in case of an emergency!
We were in the second dinner seating, so we took a long walk all the way around the ship. Mandy wanted her picture made with a piece of the glacier that they brought on board. Glacier ice melts very, very slowly.
We also walked all the way to the anchor room where they pull the gigantic anchors up.
Next stop Skagway!!
Blessings,
Leslie










No comments:
Post a Comment