Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Faith, Trust, and American Idol??



Funny how the Lord speaks to your heart sometimes isn't it? The strange instances where He shows you the way?

We are some SERIOUS American Idol viewers at our house. The kids and I watch every single week. We have always enjoyed the show, but this year we have a young man in the final 10 from right here in Rockwall...and we love him!! His name is Jason Castro. This week all the Idols sang different songs written by Dolly Parton. Jason sang "Travelin' Thru." I was listning to him sing and the lyrics just hit me...

"God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain
Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain
Oh sweet Jesus if you're out there, keep me ever close to you
As I'm travelin', travelin', travelin', as I'm travelin' thru"

See, little Luke has been weighing on my mind for the last several days. He's not making progress and his tiny kidneys aren't handling the stress well. He's so swollen. He's a month old now and still hasn't gotten to be held and snuggled by his parents yet. Every day I check Eric and Susan's blog. This sweet baby's "travelin' thru" and his life and his family's journey are an inspiration.

Blessings,
Leslie


The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 28:7

No comments: