Sunday, April 27, 2008

Children's Choir Chaos and other fun...


Greetings! Mandy had her first ever school performance on Thursday. Her Mother's Day Out program had a music program for the 2 and 3 year olds. She was wonderful, came in sat down, and performed every song.



I must admit, however, that when I attend these preschool productions I leave thinking how grateful I am that I'm not the teacher in charge! There were at least 3 crying at any one time, one so loud that you really couldn't hear the kids singing. It completely reinforces why I taught high school. I am simply not wired to handle large groups of small children. ...says the mother of three!



The girls looked really cute last night before church. They were hamming it up pretty good too, so I decided to take a couple of pictures before we left. We have a new church and we are LOVING it! We attend the Saturday night service, which is so much easier with the kids. We've even joined an ABF...which I now know means Adult Bible Fellowship....my dear friend Jane told me I couldn't call it Sunday school! The kids love it and Grace asks several times during the week how many more days till we get to go to church.







The kids wanted me to be sure and post a picture of the (surviving) baby bird that we found in a Juniper tree we cut down out of the flower bed this weekend. There were three in all. We put them in a flower pot last night and this morning one had vanished and one was found decapitated in the yard...we think a cat was responsible. They, and the neighbor children, have been facinated with them all weekend. They really want to keep it and promised they'd catch worms for it. I tried to explain how the mommy bird eats the worms first and then regurgitates them for the babies. This completely disgusted Thomas and Mandy...rightfully so. Grace thought about it for a minute and said that Madison (one of the neighbor kids) would do it,"she'll do anything disgusting."



Have a wonderful week!



Blessings,



Leslie

No comments: