Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last Day of School!!!

First Day of School--August 2006


Last Day of School--May 2007


WoW!! Another year over. I think the last day of school gets to me worse than the first day. It was made a little worse this year because Grace has had the same precious teacher for two years in a row and she is leaving to go to a new school next year. She was standing at the door this morning crying as she greeted each one for the day, and when I picked Grace up she cried as she hugged each and every one of them as they left. That's truly the mark of a great teacher. Not how many degrees they have or what they scored on some certification exam, or on a teacher apprasial, but how much they love their kids. That's all parents really want. Yes, we want them to have a solid academic foundation, but most importantly we want to feel confident that the person we are leaving them with all day CARES about them. We had that in spades with Mrs. Moore and we will miss her so much next year.


We will also miss Thomas's sweet, fantastic teacher, Mrs. Packard. (Keep your fingers crossed that Grace gets her next year!) While he was OVERJOYED with this being the last day, he did say he was a little sad because he would miss her and his friends. I can still remember that same bittersweet feeling from when I was a kid.

Blessings and Happy Summer,

Leslie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I teared up reading this and then cried again when I had Chris read it! You are such a special family and I will really miss seeing little Grace each day! Please, please keep in touch! Love you always~Mrs. Moore