Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today Robyn and I decided to give it another try. Kevin went up at 9 this morning, but Scott, Robyn, Thomas and I joined him around noon. Since Kevin was already on the slopes Scott was responsible for helping all 3 of us into our ski boots. Needless to say he was a little annoyed with us!





We headed part way up the mountain to a part called Snow Beach. They had a bar/snack hut and lots of picnic tables. We grabbed a table and made that our home base for the day. We all came and went from there. I have to say it was really a lot of fun. It had one run that Robyn and I were ok with doing. As the day progressed we got better and better until the last run we were zipping down the hill. Actually we were going so fast it was easier to just go with it than try to stop or slow down and risk falling on our butts...but hey we ended the day on a high note! Of course as much as I improved today, on that last run, I was still trying to maneuver my way down the steep slope from the chair lift and Thomas was already at the bottom!
Robyn needed a bit of pull from Kevin!
Look Nick! I'm skiing down not walking down!!!



While we all were having fun on the mountain, Grace and Mandy had a fun day with Grandma and Grandpa. They all had lunch and went to the park. The girls had a fantastic time!

Tomorrow Robyn, Kevin, Scott, Thomas, Grace and I have a 9 am reservation to go snowmobiling. After that we are taking Thomas and Grace back up to go skiing one last time. Grace says she wants to try one more time before we head home. Afterwards we are celebrating Mandy's birthday!!!

Blessings,

Leslie

No comments: